CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 01, 2008

X-Files: I Want to Believe

WARNING SPOILER ALERT AT ABOUT THE MIDDLE OF THIS PAGE.
I will warn you again when the spoiler occurs. I just wanted you to be REALLY forewarned.
So, I went to see the new X-Files movies last Saturday and totally spaced on writing to you, my loyal few, that it SUCKED.
Now, let me tell you no one, no one, NO ONE loves the X-Files as much as me. However, this movie was not good. The plot out line was weak, there was not enough action, and I was confused about where the movie was going. The only redeemable quality was the Mulder and Scully were finally together.
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
First let me say I was confused about Scully saying she had "lost" a baby with Mulder. I suppose they mean William, whom Scully gave up for adoption, but why wouldn't they just say, "we had to give our baby away?" or something like that. The loss of the child bit makes me think they baby died.
Also, the state of Scully and Mulder's relationship confuses me, at one point she walks into what seems like his house and says, "I don't like to see you isolated like this." Next time we see them together in a home environment they are in bed together. I thought maybe this was him staying at her place or vice versa, but then later in the movie Scully states, "We aren't FBI agents anymore. I am a doctor. We have a home together. A nice peaceful pleasant home where we are both home by 7:30 every night." That indicates to me that they live together...sooo...what the hell?
Lastly, Scully is working on some child that has some sort of brain disease and she is going to try some sort of new, experimental, controversial procedure. The procedure is very painful and she is told not to do it by every other doctor there. Father Joe (the psychic) tells her "Don't give up," and after being questioned as to why he said it he cannot recall any reason or memory for doing so. So, Scully says she isn't going to do it and that she has no faith anymore and that she doesn't want to look into the darkness with Mulder. He tells her that if this is true then for her not to do the procedure and that they would run away together far far away from the darkness. They kiss (Very hotly might I add) and she goes to work. She is seen with the needle in hand as if she is about to administer the drug when...the movie goes off.
I have no clue whether she and Mulder ran away, if the boy lived or if she chickened out. I haven't a clue. What the crap??
Well, this is how I felt about the movie and I urge anyone and everyone NOT to go see it.

0 comments: